The most favored winter dish in Japan is nabe that many things are cooked together in a pot and shared with others.
It is very typical Japanese food which keeps our body warm and helps our body healthy by the way in which it is used. I ate a hot pot yesterday because I had a bad stomach ache. Japanese nabe has a lot of vegetables and we can cook whatever our favorite flavor. It has a variety of cooking so we can choose the flavors depend on the condition of our body or your mood.
As I said there are different kinds of hot pot used local foodstuff in Japan , so in this time I would like to introduce some of them.
This is Japanese map which tells which areas have what kinds of hot pot. Im sorry I just found Japanese one, not written by English.
This hot pot is bean paste (miso) flavor and used lots of vegetables and sea foods. It is exactly local hot pot in Hokkaido .
Tohoku area colored brown is famous for “Imoni” and “Kiritannpo”.
This one is called Imoni just because it is used Japanese potatoes which are sticky paste and a little bit different from potatoes we usually eat. It is soy souse flavor and I guess it is familiar to our Japanese tastes.
This is a Kiritanpo hot pot and Kiritannpo is local foodstuff in
What I tried is this kipitannpo, not hot pot. But it was really nice and I didn’t feel like eating rice.
Kanto area colored green is famous for “Oden”, “Sukiyaki”, “Ankounabe” and others.
This hot pot is really famous all over
Tyubu area colored light green is famous for “Houtounabe”.

It is famous hot pot in Yamanashi prefecture. It has pumpkins, noodles and other lots of vegetables. I tried it once and I noticed that this noodle is not common one we usually eat. It was thinner than I had known. I never tried it before so I was kind of surprised but it was really yummy.
Kinki area colored red is famous for “Harihari nabe”
I don’t know why it is called “Harihari” but it used to cook with whale flesh and famous in Kansai area. Ingredients are pork in stead of whale flesh, tofu, radish, mushrooms. It looks the way of cooking is quite easy but I guess the taste would be nice.
Shikoku

It is famous in
Kyusyu area is famous for “Motsu nabe”.
I love it! I really love it the best of all hot pots. I didn’t know that Motsu nabe came from Kyusyu area. The feature of this hot pot is cooking with Motsu(I don’t know how to say it in English, sorry) and lots of vegetables. I tried it many times and every time I finished eating it, I eat it as porridge of rice using remaining soup. It is sooooooo yummy, I highly recommend it!
This is all I wanted to introduce hot pots throughout
If you know other hot pot that I didn’t mention here, let me know! I love to know what other hot pots are in Japan .







I never knew there were this many kinds of hot pot in Japan. I want to try them all!! My favorite is actually not Japanese though... I love kimchee hot pot. And my family puts gyoza in it so it's like have little meat dumplings in your hot pot.
返信削除