2011年11月8日火曜日

lovely lunch box!!



Do you know “Kyaraben”?
Have you ever made “Kyaraben”?


I guess it is really popular among parents who have kindergarten child.
Kyaraben is just lunch boxes in Japanese “Obento” but it is not common one that you guess.




Look at this photo!!


This is my first Kyaraben and it is exactly what I am talking about.
I made it for my boyfriend and he was soooooo surprised because he had never seen it.
Kyaraben is decollated and designs for characters whatever your favorite ones.
 As you see, I made snoopy lunch box just because I like snoopy.
 When people make it, they follow the example of characters and try to make it look like them as much as possible.
 Now you understand what it is.


I think “Kyaraben” is very Japanese one because it is of course for eating but at the same time, we can enjoy it visually.


From my experience, making Kyaraben would take a bit longer time than usual one.
 But the reason why people make it for someone is for just rejoice.
 They must be happy to make it if they could see children’s happy smiling faces.
 I didn’t make it for kids, but I just wanted him to please with it.




Now I introduce my Kyaraben!
You might be surprised with my efforts.lol
 They are beyond common lunch boxes.




It is obviously snoopy with his friends. I still remember when I made it.
It took 2 hours because I cut dried laver seaweed into tiny little pieces to make their faces.
 You can’t imagine how hard it was. But after I finished making, I was really satisfied!!






This character "Totoro” is really famous for Japanese. 
It was much easier than snoopy one.
First, I made Totoro’s body with rice and put dried laver seaweed on his stomach and face. And you can see black balls called “Makkurokurosuke” beside him. I just rapped rice with seaweed.


You might notice that seaweeds are essential materials to follow the example of characters.
So if you are interested in maing Kyaraben, you would better using it to make your lunch box real. 


There are many people who make more amazing and high puality lunch boxes than mine.
And we can get Kyaraben recipes in book stores and on the internet.
If you became interested, you can ask me and find imformation on the internet.



5 件のコメント:

  1. I remember them! it is fabulous!!
    I can imagine how your boyfriend was surprised!!!
    Hey, how did you color the faces of snoopy's friends? The brown ones!! Furikake or something?

    I haven't made kyaraben before. I wanted do it but I kew how much time it takes... so I haven't done it lol
    but this time I started feeling like doing that. you have to teach me how to make snoopy one.

    返信削除
  2. Impressive! I don't think I have the patience to make something like that. But, I agree that this is very Japanese because eating is not just about taste but also the visual pleasure. Sometimes Japanese food is too pretty to eat!

    返信削除
  3. Soooo cute, isn't it!!! I have made Kyara-ben for boyfriend too before. I made Rilakkuma and Korilakkuma bento and my boyfriend was also surprised!lol Your skill is higher than me!! so nice!

    返信削除
  4. wow!! It's so cute. I was surprised that you took 2 hours to make it. I've never made Kyaraben but I'm interested in making it.I'd like to research about it. If you make Kyaraben again, I want to see it.

    返信削除
  5. are you good at cooking? Your kyaraben is really cute:D is it difficult to make it? I have never made lunch box by my self:( I wanna try to make it for my boyfriend.

    返信削除